Sodium bicarbonate gives this mask a host of amazing features. It has an exfoliating effect, removes the dead skin cell layer and deeply cleanses the skin. It leaves the skin smoother, softer, cleaner and fresher even after first use.
Honey has antibacterial properties, making it ideal for treating and preventing acne naturally. Because it also abounds in antioxidants, honey is excellent for slowing the aging process. It has a gentle action, being appropriate even for very sensitive skin. It rejuvenates the pores and lightens the complexion, giving it a younger look.
How to make an exfoliating facial mask:
• 4 tablespoons of sodium bicarbonate
• 1 tablespoon of honey
• 2 teaspoons of water (or less, depending on the desired consistency)
1. Pour the sodium bicarbonate into a clean glass container, then add honey over it. Gradually pour small amounts of water and vigorously mix to obtain a thick paste mixture.
2. Apply the paste to clean skin, taking care to avoid the eye and nose area. Let the paste dry on the skin for 10-15 minutes. The skin will get tighter and you may feel a slight tingle on the application area, which is perfectly normal.
3. Immerse a towel in warm water, squeeze it well, and then rub off the paste from your face using mild circular motions. Finally rinse thoroughly with water and dry your skin by gentle padding.
4. Surplus mixture can also be used the next day. If it strengthens in the meantime, add some water to compensate for the lost amount by evaporation. You can also use surplus for body exfoliation. For optimum results, use the mask once a week.
It is worth it, the results are really amazing!